dgirl

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

one week in!


kia ora!

today it is exactly one week since i touched down in nz. the biting chill has taken a bit of getting used to (especially since my jacket didn't make it off the big boat until a couple of days ago!) but really winter up here in whangas is not so bad. in fact yesterday i went for a walk in the sunshine wearing nothing but a t-shirt! (and jeans and underwear and shoes and socks). the mornings and evenings are frosty though and i live in my dressing gown and slippers when at home.

seems to be a bit of work around which is a relief. had a trial run and a subsequent job offer at a bar in town but i just turned it down today because the late nights would have been a pain in the rump i think, and i would have had to give up my new years eve. NO WAY. there's another possibility at the grooviest cafe/gallery in whangarei - on the waterfront... the manager wants me to call as soon as i'm back from my trip down south, so we'll see where that goes. it's definately more in line with what i want... especially looking toward my future plans of having a similar place of my own one day.

so tomorrow am heading down to gisborne to see the grandfolks! yay!!! and from there onward to christchurch, stopping off in welly and nelson on the way. more planes and buses and living out of my pack, but i love it really :)

watched a pod of dolphins swimming up the estuary last night from dad and deb's place. it's so good to be home.

cuidate mucho! d xx

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Can't wait to see you hun xoxoxo

4:54 AM  
Blogger d said...

thanks for a rad night honey pie! and for getting me a seat on kia ora tours!! YAY!!!!!!!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home