dgirl

Friday, April 21, 2006

mountains and earthquakes

oh what a beautiful day! sat down for my first lesson and WOW (no, not a hot student ;P) ...there was mt fuji bang smack in my eye! i have never seen it in such clarity from fujisawa before. it was sparklingly snow-capped and like a giant stage backdrop. stunning. the air was so clear today.

last night i awoke to a swaying and jolting at about 2am. i am so gonna die if the big one hits in the next couple of months! i just lay there goin "oh dear god", while apparently my workmates were rushing to open their doors and take cover. there was another one about an hour ago while me and nolan were watchin a movie. this house creaks like a creaky thing! nolan's all sorted - he has an earthquake emergency cubby hole in which he has stored bottles of water, a torch, plastic bags to poo in, and a saw to cut through fallen debris. there's a rather shaky table in my room that i could cower under...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home